Wednesday, June 4, 2008

May 30, 2008

Class yesterday was great. I learned about Wikis and feel I can do that easily enough. I've wasted too much time and haven't had the opportunity to learn about these things until now. It's another beautiful Alaskan summer day! Even though it was cold when I got up (5:30 and 32 degrees) the sun was shining and the birds were flitting to and fro carrying away the treasures I put out for them in bird feeders around the porch. All is quiet and perfect with the world right now. I hear Jim slurping down his sourdough pancakes with chokecherry syrup. Music to my ears.

Chokecherry Syrup



*Do not crush the seeds (they contain cyanide and are poisonous).

To one lb. of chokecherries, cover with water and boil 15 minutes until soft. Strain through a jelly bag or strainer.


4 cups Chokecherry Juice
4 cups sugar or Splenda
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 package powdered pectin

Mix and boil ingredients for 2 minutes. Process jars of Chokecherry Syrup in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment