Friday, November 29, 2013

Turkey Sour-Cream Enchiladas

I love, love, love turkey combined with green chile.  The last Fairbanks NewsMiner newspaper posted my Turkey Tortilla Soup...I am delighted...but that is a truly a soup worthy of reposting as is.  I am now posting my recipe for Turkey Enchiladas.  I felt the need to modify it due to the fact that that we can't get the ingredients we need..  Here is what you need:  I forgot to put the green chile in the photo....you need 1 cup of green chile!!!


1 dozen corn tortillas, 2 cups diced onion, 3 cans Ro-Tel tomatoes, 1 cup green chile (can be omitted if you like, but we like it spicy), 1 cup water, 1 TBSP Mexican oregano 2 cloves of garlic-minced, salt and pepper.  3 cups shredded turkey, 2 cups sour cream, 2 cups cheddar cheese (I used white cheddar).


Soften the corn tortillas while you simmer the onion, garlic, tomatoes, water, oregano, green chile, salt and pepper. 
Mix together the cheese, sour cream and shredded turkey.  Place scant amount on top of softened corn tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in a casserole dish
Ok....I had to soften 4 more tortillas to use up the filling and fill the dish.

Now smother on the Sauce:  
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes...don't bother for 10 minutes.  Let it sit, then dig in.  Serve with more sour cream and fresh cooked pinto beans.



2 comments:

  1. Jim wanted this....he saw it in the NewsMiner and asked for it..here it is...what Jim wants Jim gets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, my DH loves recipes that have Rotel tomatoes in them. This is one I am going to have to try at home. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete