Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easy Turtle Cookie Cups

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! I might eat one every now and then, but I know my buddies at work will love them and I just had to try this recipe when I got the feed for this from Betty Crocker on Facebook. They were super easy to make and can be completed from start to finish in under a 1/2 hour, so if you're looking for something you must produce on the fly--this is the ticket.

The original recipe said it yields 36 cookie cups, however, I only got 24. I also changed it up a bit by making half with Rolo candies and the other 1/2 with Toffifay Hazelnut candies.

This is all you need:

1 pkg double chocolate chunk cookie mix
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp water
1 egg, slightly beaten
24 round milk chocolate-covered chewy caramels (I used 1/2 Rolo and 1/2 Toffifay)
12 Pecan haves (for the Rolo cups only)

Heat oven to 375. Place miniature paper baking cups (find them in the candy-making and candy molds isle) in mini muffin cups. In a large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until a soft dough forms. Shape dough into 24 1" balls, place in muffin cups. Bake 9 minutes or until edges are set. Immediately press one candy (Rolo OR Toffifay) into the center of each cookie cup. Cool 2 minutes and top the Rolo Cookie Cup with a pecan halve. Cool completely before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment