Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuna Sandwiches? New Twist but NOT! Dinner doesn't get any easier than this!

My mom makes the BEST tuna sandwiches EVER! Where did she get the recipe? I don't know, maybe from Nanny Pruitt, maybe Betty Crocker. Please Mom, enlighten us by posting a comment. All I know is that the marriage of lettuce, walnuts, tuna, eggs, pickles (in my case canned green tomatoe relish) and mayo make it a confection worth an evening meal with a light soup. I think I even remember my Nanny putting chopped apples in her tuna salad.

1 small can tuna, drained
2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
2 TBSP relish or finely diced pickles
1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
salt and pepper to taste
2 boiled eggs, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup mayonnaise (or enough to moisten lettuce)

Serve this on a good earthy bread with a light soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment