Saturday, April 21, 2012

Halibut Marinara

I love my halibut! You can't ruin halibut even if you try. This is a great recipe that I seriously altered from a recipe from a cookbook. I made it even more health conscientious than adding an unnecesary 4 TBSP of butter.


1 1/2 lbs halibut fillets, skinned
2 cups Mezzetta Porcini Mushroom Sauce (yeah it is expensive at $9.00 a bottle-but worth it)
1 cup mixed mushrooms (I use a combination of white, shitake,and portabella), chopped
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 cup Mozzarella, grated

Oil a baking dish. Place skinned fish in oiled pan, top with mushrooms, olives and spaghetti sauce.



Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, top with the cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Serve with Penne Pasta or a Mushroom Risotto....I am making this with a Truffle Cheese Risotto.

No comments:

Post a Comment