Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Roasted Vegetables


Thanks to my beautiful sister-in-law Linda....This recipe is fabulous and I have made it too many times to count. It is always a hit at potlucks and makes great left-over veggie fajitas. She gave this to me from the Sugar Less for Life Cookbook, ISBN: 0-9663519-1-6 and page 269. Tonight I am making it with a Apple Stuffing Cornish Game Hen.

1 lb. small button mushrooms (I combined white and crimini)
1 pint pearl onions
1 yellow, red and orange bell pepper cut into bite-sized pieces
1 large eggplant cut into 1 1/2" size cubes
1 bunch asparagus, 1 1/2" pieces
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup olive oil
2 TBSP minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400. Toss veggies in butter/oil/garlic mix. Roast in oven tossing every 20 minutes. Use the leftovers in veggie fajitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment