Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Sunday 2011

Taking a bit of hit in telling folks I am serving Lamb for Easter Dinner. Maybe I am naive, and correct me if I am wrong, but isn't lamb the ultimate gift to God in cuisine? I am NOT a dirty-dog....I serve this ONCE a year. This year is a bit different. This recipe comes to you from Farm House Cookbook,by Susan Herrmann Loomis, ISBN: 0-89480-772-2

1 4-5 lb. leg of lamb trim off the fat
10 large cloves of garlic, peeled
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and fresh ground pepper to coat
2 lbs fingerling potatoes
1 1/2 lbs. white onions, peeled and halved
4 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1 sized pieces
1 small bunch of Italian Parsely

Brown the lamb on all sides on med-high for 7 minutes, Place garlic on top of lamb, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, Cover and bake for 8-10 hours at 200.

Increase heat to 300. Add potatoes, onions, carrots and season with additional salt and pepper. Cover and continue baking for 4 hours.

To serve: Mince the parsley, decorate the lamb

Um yum...Pistachio Lamb Kbobs up next

No comments:

Post a Comment