Tuesday, June 14, 2011

You Gotta Be Kidding Me! Perfect Pie Crust

So, I have always chided myself that I cannot create a pie crust that is edible. This recipe was hastily written down from me by a chef who was giving out free cookbooks at Sam's Club. I jokingly but honestly laughed that I can't make a decent crust. He quickly penned a recipe and I put it aside for a few months. This crust I will do FOREVER! Don't tell me to use ice-water, don't tell me to use 1/2 and 1/2 and 1/2...don't tell me to mix and fridge....THIS worked!

1 Cup Flour
1 stick butter
1/4 cup boiling water

yup...how easy is that? I found it easier to push directly into the pie plate with plastic wrap between you fingers to get the shape and etc you want.

The crust was fabulous! Thanks "unknown chef" at Sams.

No comments:

Post a Comment