Saturday, March 31, 2012

Corn Pone, Cornbread, Whatever...my Aunt Marcia's is the best!

My Aunt Marcia made the best cornbread, Hands-Down, EVER. You want a winner? This is it. Yes, it is a sweet recipe and an easy to make cornbread, but you can add jalapenos to it and it is just as good. I am serving this tonight with a -salmon chili....yup, we like it hot....there are lots of red peppers, chili and beans.....Aunt Marcia's Cornbread is the ONLY saving grace.


1 C cornmeal
1 C flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup sugar (yep I like it sweet)
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 C milk
1/4 C oil..(to be honest, I use Olive oil)


Cook for 20-25 minutes.

REALLY? SERIOUSLY?....UM LIKE....NOPE. You won't find a better recipe than this for cornbread....My southern realatives have my back on this and my Southwestern cousins have me covered in the southwest.....thank you God for relatives all over the place....but couldn't you throw in some Asian culture? Once you try this cornbread you will never go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment