Saturday, May 12, 2012

Baked Potato Salmon Chowder

I really didn't expect anyone to ask for this recipe.....But when I posted my dinner plans on FB I was enundated with requests for a recipe. This one is easy...kind of. You need to poach the salmon ahead of time, debone and flake it.

My Uncle Melvin loved this soup (then minus the salmon).

SALMON:
Poach 1 lb. salmon for 8 minutes on simmer, allow to sit for 10 minutes. Drain, skin, debone, flake and set aside.

4 large baked potatoes
2/3 cup flour
1/4 cup chives
2 cups bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
2/3 cups butter
1 1/2 qts. half and half
1 cup sour cream
5 oz. cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste.

Bake potatoes. Skin and cube them to 1" cubes. Melt butter blend in flour, add half and half whisking contantly until thick. Add salt, pepper, potatoes, chives, cheese sour cream. Now add potatoes and deboned salmon heat through and serve.

Serving Suggestions: Crusty bread, salad, and Chardonnay

No comments:

Post a Comment