Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tuna Fish vs. Salmon fish Sandwich Spread Revisted

My mom made the best ever tuna sandwiches.  I don't know where she learned to do that but they were very unusual.  She chopped up pecans, lettuce, boiled eggs and combined the tuna with mayo and the other ingredients.  I had a wild hair a few years ago about this and began using my left  over salmon in place of tuna.  It has been a wild ride depending on the seasoning and method of cooking salmon.  This time I coated my salmon with southwestern spices like chipotle and cilantro.  Cook the fish, pick out the bones...then add the ingredients

Cooked salmon: about 2 cups
4 boiled eggs, chopped
1 cup mayo
salt, pepper to taste (I use hickory smoked salt)
1/2 cup mesquite smoked pecans, diced
Add 2 cups of shredded lettuce

Mix all together....serve up on sandwich bread.....oh my goodness .....nothing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment