Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cajun Spice Mix

I am reminded today how much I cherish this lovely rub for fish, chicken or any meat I want to "blacken". I gave the last jar to Marie Brooks and didn't replace it. As always....I will not take credit for something I did not personally create. This recipe comes to you from "Cooking Light Magazine". I have made it for over 3 years now. It's a great blackening recipe for salmon, ESPECIALLY Tuna, and any other meat you want to blacken...keep it in a 1/2 pint jar and take out and use as you please.

3 TBSP paprika
2 TBSP ground red pepper
2 TBSP thyme
2 TBSP oregano
2 TBSP onion powder
2 TBSP garlic powder
1 TBSP kosher salt
1 TBSP black pepper
1 TBSP sugar or 1/4 cup brown sugar

Combine all ingredients and keep in a sealed jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment