Thursday, December 3, 2009

Moose Spaghetti


I am always up for a new recipe. I have to say that this one I kind of said....."I don't think so...." who thinks of celery and carrots and pasta....not me...but I grew up in the Southwest. A: We don't have moose B: Pasta should not be combined with celery and carrots C: What the heck is Montreal Steak Spice? This is a great addition to my recipes and I WILL use it again. If you don't have access to moose then ground venison will do. I will not take credit for what I did not create.....This recipe comes to you from GoodGrief3....whoever he or she is...ok...I fudged on a few things..Plus or minus on the seasonings...I included some Chipotle b/c I love the heat!

1 1/2 lbs. ground moose (or venison)
1/2 lb ground beef (I used ground pork)
3 cloves crushed garlic (I like more)
1 lg. onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 green bell pepper diced (I didn't have one and didn't miss it)
1 can mushrooms (Didn't provide a size, so I included two--I LIKE mushrooms)
1 can tomato paste (the small one)
1 large can of tomatoes crushed up (I used organic)
Montreal Steak Spice, parley, basil, oregano, salt, peper, chili peppers.

In a large pot, add a little oil cook onion, garlic, celery, bell, and carrots until soft. Remove from the pan. Add the meats and brown. Drain if you need Ad ushrooms, tomatoes, tomato paste and spices. Allow to simmer for a few hours and serve over pasta topped with some great Parmesaean Romano Cheese.

**You know what? A tiny tin of anchovies diced and a teaspoon of capers would add a whole new dimension to this dish...it's great as it is, but play with it.

P.S....I served this up on Spinach Fettucinne and a herb salad with balsamic vinegar dressing (I truly LOVE dill weed in salads...it makes all the difference!)

No comments:

Post a Comment