Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tamales....Please...someone come save me... I will post the Hominy Casserole instead

Hominy Casserole

This recipe came to me back in 1990 when I worked at Los Alamos National Laboratory and was a member of the LALT (Los Alamos Little Theatre).  A crew member or cast brought this fabulous dish to one of the cast parties (one of many)---Lordy they knew how to party.  I am sorry I didn't get her name, but the recipe has endured for almost 20 years it is that good.

Yes, this is me and the "Villian"-NOTzz. ....Tom Priestley.  I even got to sing and dance!

32 oz. canned hominy (drained)
1  jar sliced pimentos, sliced
8 oz sour cream
2 - 8oz  cans of chopped green chile
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
salt and pepper to taste

more cheese for the top.

Mix all ingredients, place in a non-stick sprayed dish.  Top with more cheese and bake for 45 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment