Monday, June 4, 2012

Texas Caviar

Thank you Shanna and Tommy for the Everything Tex-Mex Cookbook. I am making the Texas Caviar tonight to go with the La Posta Green Chile Enchiladas. I LOVE black eyed peas, and the addition of red tomatoes, red onions, and jalaneos appelaed to me. So I am giving it a try.

This book was a gift this year for my birthday present. www.eyerything.com or ISBN 13-978-1-59337-580-5.


1 (15 oz can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 TBSP. seeded and minced jalapeno
3 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 garlic clove, minced
2 TBSP minced cilantro
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
18 tsp. cayenne

Combine all ingredients, blend well, cover and refrigerate 2 hours. Serve with chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment