Thursday, July 23, 2009

ADHD at it's best!


There is something to be said about being ADHD! We are naturals at multi-tasking. It is 2:30 p.m. Alaska-Time.....Today, I have managed to pick another gallon of raspberries from around my yard, downloaded an awesome recipe for Russian Pirozhki, shopped at the grocery store for the stuff I need to make that Pirozhki, completely repacked the RV and it is ready to roll as we speak!, can another 7 pints of raspberry syrup (Jim loves this on his sourdough pancakes or french toast!), took Tira to Dog-Park and shopped at Value Village (no...I didn't find what I was looking for) and I am making a smoked salmon lasagna for dinner, AND I have to make more "fish sticks" because Jim took all of the ones I made yesterday! (See Giada's recipe below for Salmon Fish Sticks! they are AWESOME!) Oh yes....I am also posting this, and am creating a scrapbook of our new-to-us USED motorhome!
UPDATE: I took out the recipe for Smoked Salmon Lasagne. It was TERRIBLE and I'll never make it again! The dogs loved it though :)

I LOVE these fish sticks...they are crunchy, just the right size for light eating, healthy, and really tasty! (I like to dip mine in High-Bush Cranberry Catsup that I can myself in the fall)


Parmesan Fish Sticks
1 1/4 lbs salmon, skinned and cut into finger sized strips

1/2 c flour

1/2 tsp. sea salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

3 egg whites

1 C grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

1 C seasoned bread crumbs

Olive Oil for drizzling

Dipping sauce is optional: (Good but not absolutely necessary) Mix together....

1/3 cup mayo

1/3 cup plain yogurt

1 TBSP Dijon mustard

1 TBSP parsley or chives (I think you should also be able to use dill if you want!)

Preheat oven to 450! Yeah that's a hot temp! Rinse and dry your fish. Mix the flour, salt and pepper together in one dish, in another dish whip up your egg whites to fluffy...in yet another dish put in your bread crumbs mixed with Parmesan or Romano.

Roll salmon fingers in flour, dip in egg whites to coat, and roll in bread crumbs. Place on a oiled baking pan. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes or golden brown.

OMG these are to die for! If you don't really care for salmon...give this recipe a try! It's healthy, yummy and you will be a convert before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment